Supports importing of scene, object, camera, mesh, texture and image data.
This plugin depends on the Trade and OpenDdl libraries and the AnyImageImporter plugin. It is built if
MAGNUM_WITH_OPENGEXIMPORTER is enabled when building Magnum Plugins. To use as a dynamic plugin, load
"OpenGexImporter" via Corrade::
Additionally, if you're using Magnum as a CMake subproject, bundle the magnum-plugins repository and do the following:
set(MAGNUM_WITH_ANYIMAGEIMPORTER ON CACHE BOOL "" FORCE) add_subdirectory(magnum EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL) set(MAGNUM_WITH_OPENGEXIMPORTER ON CACHE BOOL "" FORCE) add_subdirectory(magnum-plugins EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL) # So the dynamically loaded plugin gets built implicitly add_dependencies(your-app MagnumPlugins::OpenGexImporter)
To use as a static plugin or as a dependency of another plugin with CMake, put FindMagnumPlugins.cmake into your
modules/ directory, request the
OpenGexImporter component of the
MagnumPlugins package and link to the
find_package(MagnumPlugins REQUIRED OpenGexImporter) # ... target_link_libraries(your-app PRIVATE MagnumPlugins::OpenGexImporter)
The plugin supports ImporterFeature::
- Import of animation data is not supported at the moment.
halfdata type results in parsing error.
- On OpenGL ES, usage of double type and on WebGL additionally also usage of 64bit integer types results in parsing error.
- OpenGEX supports only a single scene and has no way to assign a scene name.
- Imported scenes always have SceneMappingType::
UnsignedInt, with SceneData:: mappingBound() equal to objectCount(). The scene is always 3D.
- All reported objects have a SceneField::
Parent (of type SceneFieldType:: Int), SceneField:: ImporterState (of type SceneFieldType:: Pointer, see Access to internal importer state below) and SceneField:: Transformation (of type SceneFieldType:: Matrix4x4). These three fields share the same object mapping with SceneFieldFlag:: ImplicitMapping set.
- OpenGEX supports separate TRS components for representing a node transformation, however it allows them to be in any order and repeat count. Which is, to be mild, an extremely annoying and mostly useless overcomplication. For this reason the transformations are always concatenated to a single matrix, without exposing any particular components.
- Object-only transformations are not supported.
- If the scene references meshes, a SceneField::
Mesh (of type SceneFieldType:: UnsignedInt) is present. If any of the referenced meshes have assigned materials, SceneField:: MeshMaterial (of type SceneFieldType:: Int) is present as well. Both have SceneFieldFlag:: OrderedMapping set. Additional material references after the first one for given geometry node are ignored, thus a single node can only reference either a single mesh at most. See Mesh import and Material import for further details.
- If the scene references cameras, a SceneField::
Camera (of type SceneFieldType:: UnsignedInt) is present, with SceneFieldFlag:: OrderedMapping set. See Camera import for further details.
- If the scene references lights, a SceneField::
Light (of type SceneFieldType:: UnsignedInt) is present, with SceneFieldFlag:: OrderedMapping set. See Light import for further details.
- An OpenGEX node can reference only either a single mesh, or a single camera, or a single light at most, the file format doesn't allow nodes with e.g. multiple cameras or a camera and a light.
- Geometry node visibility, shadow and motion blur properties are ignored.
- Camera type is always CameraType::
- Default FoV for cameras that don't have it specified is
- Default near and far plane for cameras that don't have it specified is
- Aspect ratio is ignored and hardcoded to
- Light attenuation properties are not yet supported.
- Light textures are not yet supported.
- Quads are not supported.
- Additional mesh LoDs after the first one are ignored.
wcoordinate for vertex positions and normals is ignored if present.
- Positions and normals are always imported as VertexFormat::
Vector3, texture coordinates as VertexFormat:: Vector2. Positions and normals of a different component count than 3 and texture coordinates of a different component count than 2 are not supported. Only floats are supported, doubles not.
- Indices are imported as either MeshIndexType::
UnsignedByte, MeshIndexType:: UnsignedShort or MeshIndexType:: UnsignedInt. 64-bit indices are not supported.
The imported mesh always has at least one vertex attribute, but positions are not required to be present. Indices are optional as well.
- Alpha mode is always MaterialAlphaMode::
Opaque and alpha mask always
- Two-sided property is ignored, always set to
- All materials are imported as Trade::
PhongMaterialData with ambient color always set to
transparencyattributes are not supported.
normaltextures are not supported.
- Texture coordinate transformation is ignored.
- Textures using other than the first coordinate set are not supported.
- Texture type is always Trade::
TextureType:: Texture2D, wrapping is always SamplerWrapping:: ClampToEdge, minification and magnification is SamplerFilter:: Linear and mipmap selection is SamplerMipmap:: Linear.
- If multiple textures have the same image filename string, given image is present in the image list only once. Note that only a simple string comparison is used without any path normalization.
Generic importer for OpenDDL files is implemented in the OpenDdl::
- Calling importerState() returns pointer to parsed OpenDdl::
*importerState()on data class instances returned from this importer return pointer to OpenDdl::
Structure of these types:
importerState() returns OpenGex:: Material structure
importerState() returns OpenGex:: CameraObject structure
importerState() returns OpenGex:: Texture structure
importerState() returns OpenGex:: GeometryObject structure
importerState() returns OpenGex:: Node, OpenGex:: BoneNode, OpenGex:: GeometryNode, OpenGex:: CameraNode or OpenGex:: LightNode structure
- class AbstractImporter
- Base for importer plugins.
Trade:: OpenGexImporter:: OpenGexImporter() explicit
In case you want to open images, use OpenGexImporter(PluginManager::