Released 2018-05-01, tagged as v2018.04.
- Building for Android now requires CMake 3.7 with builtin Android crosscompilation support, the old toolchains were removed. Only the Clang and libc++ toolchain is now supported, support for GCC and libstdc++ was dropped, as it was still missing some important C++11 functionality. See Crosscompiling for Android for more information.
- Second experimental version of the DartIntegration library —
DartIntegration::DartSkeletongot replaced with DartIntegration::
Object and DartIntegration:: World, which is now able to track updates to all shapes and propagate that to the user. See mosra/ magnum-integration#29, mosra/ magnum-integration#30.
- Homebrew macOS packages were updated to install the stable version by default
- Fixed the Debian package after introducing
SOVERSIONto all libraries (see mosra/
- Fixed the Debian package to not include a revision. While just a warning on Ubuntu, it's a hard error on Debian. (See mosra/
- Completely removed NaCl support (see https:/
/ blog.chromium.org/ 2017/ 05/ goodbye-pnacl-hello-webassembly.html)
- Dropped support for the old MinGW32 (only MinGW-w64 is supported now)
- Bumped minimal CMake version to 2.8.12
- Removed support for macOS 10.8 and older
- Dropped the
compatibilitybranch and all support for MSVC 2013 and GCC < 4.7
- MSVC 2015 and MSVC 2017 support in
- ANGLE ES2/ES3 support, ability to create desktop GLES contexts on Windows
- Windows Phone/Store support via ANGLE
- iOS support
- WebAssembly support when building for Emscripten
- WebGL 2.0 support
- New experimental DartIntegration library, integrating DART Dynamic Animation and Robotics Toolkit (see mosra/
- New OvrIntegration library, integrating Oculus SDK (see mosra/
magnum-integration#3, mosra/ magnum-integration#4, mosra/ magnum-integration#5, mosra/ magnum-integration#6, mosra/ magnum-integration#7, mosra/ magnum-integration#8, mosra/ magnum-integration#9, mosra/ magnum-integration#10, mosra/ magnum-integration#12, mosra/ magnum-integration#13, mosra/ magnum-integration#15, mosra/ magnum-integration#17)
- New BulletIntegration::
DebugDraw class for simple and easy physics debugging (see mosra/ magnum-integration#11, mosra/ magnum-integration#21)
- Continuous testing for Linux, macOS, Windows MSVC, Windows MinGW, Windows RT, iOS, Android and Emscripten on Travis CI and AppVeyor CI, with code coverage on codecov.io; replacing the unmaintained and outdated Jenkins configuration
- Support for CMake subprojects. You can now clone Magnum Plugins into a subdirectory in your project and add it using
find_package()command will then use the CMake subproject instead of looking for it in system-wide locations.
- Reworked CMake buildsystem to use the new imported target workflow, see Integration library usage with CMake for more information
- CMake targets are now organized in folders for better development experience in IDEs such as Visual Studio or Xcode
- Added a Homebrew package
MACOSX_RPATHis now enabled by default on CMake 3.0+
FindMagnumIntegration.cmakenow properly handles Bullet installations with both debug and release libraries (see mosra/
- Fixed static BulletIntegration libraries being treated as dynamic (see mosra/
- Enabling only C++ in CMake
project()call, if possible, to speed up initial CMake run
No APIs were removed since last release.
- New documentation theme powered by m.css and related massive updates of everything
- The Downloading and building integration libraries documentation now prefers package installation instead of manual build
Changelogs for previous versions are available in Archived integration changelogs.