Released 2018-10-23, tagged as v2018.10.
UserInterface can now take an explicit framebuffer size parameter for more flexibility when rendering on HiDPI screens or in VR.
UserInterface can now take an external font plugin mananger to work better together with code that does text rendering on its own
- It's now possible to change style of a Ui::
Modal as well
- There's now a PPA for Ubuntu packages. See Packages for Debian, Ubuntu and derivatives for more information. See also mosra/
- Provide a better error when trying to build the Ui library on OpenGL ES 2.0 / WebGL 1.0 — before it failed somewhere deep with no clear relation to requiring ES3 features (see mosra/
Button:: setStyle() was mistakenly not returning a reference to self, breaking method chaining
Released 2018-05-01, tagged as v2018.04.
- Building for Android now requires CMake 3.7 with builtin Android crosscompilation support, the old toolchains were removed. Only the Clang and libc++ toolchain is now supported, support for GCC and libstdc++ was dropped, as it was still missing some important C++11 functionality. See Crosscompiling for Android for more information.
- Fixed the Debian package after introducing
SOVERSIONto all libraries (see mosra/
- By mistake it was not possible to control static build of the Ui library independently on the core Magnum libraries
- Homebrew macOS packages were updated to install the stable version by default
- Fixed the Debian package to not include a revision. While just a warning on Ubuntu, it's a hard error on Debian. (See mosra/
- MSVC 2015 and MSVC 2017 support in
- ANGLE ES2/ES3 support, ability to create desktop GLES contexts on Windows
- Windows Phone/Store support via ANGLE
- iOS support
- WebAssembly support when building for Emscripten
- WebGL 2.0 support
- New experimental Ui library