- The oldest supported Clang version is now 6.0 (available on Ubuntu 18.04), or equivalently Apple Clang 10.0 (Xcode 10). Oldest supported GCC version is still 4.8.
versionExtras.hheader now gets populated from Git correctly also when inside a CMake subproject
- Travis banned everyone from using their CI and so all Linux, macOS, Emscripten, Android and iOS builds were migrated from Travis to Circle CI, together with adding also an explicit ARM64 build and an ability to test GLES and Vulkan functionality on Android. See also mosra/
magnum#350 and mosra/ magnum#523.
UseEmscriptenis no longer implicitly included on Emscripten as it's not needed for anything (see mosra/
- The Homebrew package now uses
std_cmake_argsinstead of hardcoded build type and install prefix, which resolves certain build issues (see mosra/
- On CMake 3.16 and newer,
FindMagnumExtras.cmakecan provide additional details if some component is not found
- Updated Debian build instructions to pass
dpkg-buildpackage, avoiding a confusing error message that might lead people to think the packaging failed (see mosra/
- Removed Ui::
UserInterface constructors taking a font without a corresponding glyph cache instance that were deprecated in 2018.10, use either Ui:: UserInterface:: UserInterface(const Vector2&, const Vector2i&, const StyleConfiguration&, const std:: string&) or Ui:: UserInterface:: UserInterface(const Vector2&, const Vector2i&, Text:: AbstractFont&, Text:: GlyphCache&, const StyleConfiguration&) instead.
Released 2020-06-27, tagged as v2020.06.
- magnum-player now accepts
--verbosecommand-line arguments similarly to magnum-imageconverter and magnum-sceneconverter
- magnum-player can now visualize also point and line meshes, triangle strips and fans can now have their normals generated as well
- magnum-player now supports normal maps and texture transformation in materials
- Tangent space, object and primitive ID visualization in magnum-player
DebugTools::GLFrameProfilerin magnum-player, enable using the P key and configure with the
- Ability to disable UI rendering in magnum-player using the Esc key
- The library again compiles and tests cleanly with CORRADE_
NO_ ASSERT enabled, and this setup is verified on the CI to avoid further regressions
Released 2019-10-24, tagged as v2019.10.
- Minimal supported CMake version is now 3.4. Older versions are not supported anymore and all workarounds for them were removed. Download a prebuilt release of a newer version if you need to use Corrade on older systems (such as Ubuntu 14.04 or Debian 8). This is a conservative change that shouldn't affect any additional distribution compared to the CMake 3.1 requirement in 2019.01.
- MSVC 2019 compatibility, following other Magnum projects
- When using Magnum as a CMake subproject, it now puts all binaries into a common directory to simplify
PATHhandling and dynamic plugin loading. For more information see Using Magnum Extras as a CMake subproject, mosra/
magnum#357 and mosra/ magnum-plugins#63.
- magnum-player now autogenerates normals if the imported model doesn't have any (see also mosra/
- magnum-player has now a rudimentary support for opening image files next to 3D scenes
- magnum-player gained a toggle for switching to shadeless mode, which is useful when viewing photogrammetry models
- magnum-player installs a
*.desktopfile on Linux and BSD systems in order to appear as a choice in "Open with..." dialogs.
- ES 2.0 and ES 3.0 subset of tests requiring GL context is now run on Travis CI using SwiftShader for better code coverage (see mosra/
- Emscripten builds now have the
-fPICoption disabled by default as it causes linker errors related to
__memory_baseon 1.38.36 (see also emscripten-core/
Released 2019-02-04, tagged as v2019.01.
- Minimal supported GCC version is now 4.8.1, GCC 4.7 is not supported anymore. Minimal Clang version is now 3.3, since that's the first version with a complete C++11 support. See also mosra/
- Minimal supported CMake version is now 3.1. Older versions are not supported anymore and all workarounds for them were removed. Download a prebuilt release of a newer version if you need to use Corrade on older systems (such as Ubuntu 14.04 or Debian 8). See also mosra/
Released 2018-10-23, tagged as v2018.10.
UserInterface can now take an explicit framebuffer size parameter for more flexibility when rendering on HiDPI screens or in VR.
UserInterface can now take an external font plugin mananger to work better together with code that does text rendering on its own
- It's now possible to change style of a Ui::
Modal as well
- There's now a PPA for Ubuntu packages. See Packages for Debian, Ubuntu and derivatives for more information. See also mosra/
- Provide a better error when trying to build the Ui library on OpenGL ES 2.0 / WebGL 1.0 — before it failed somewhere deep with no clear relation to requiring ES3 features (see mosra/
Button:: setStyle() was mistakenly not returning a reference to self, breaking method chaining
UserInterface constructors taking a font without a corresponding glyph cache instance are deprecated, use either Ui:: UserInterface:: UserInterface(const Vector2&, const Vector2i&, const StyleConfiguration&, const std:: string&) or Ui:: UserInterface:: UserInterface(const Vector2&, const Vector2i&, Text:: AbstractFont&, Text:: GlyphCache&, const StyleConfiguration&) instead.
Released 2018-05-01, tagged as v2018.04.
- Building for Android now requires CMake 3.7 with builtin Android crosscompilation support, the old toolchains were removed. Only the Clang and libc++ toolchain is now supported, support for GCC and libstdc++ was dropped, as it was still missing some important C++11 functionality. See Cross-compiling for Android for more information.
- Fixed the Debian package after introducing
SOVERSIONto all libraries (see mosra/
- By mistake it was not possible to control static build of the Ui library independently on the core Magnum libraries
- Homebrew macOS packages were updated to install the stable version by default
- Fixed the Debian package to not include a revision. While just a warning on Ubuntu, it's a hard error on Debian. (See mosra/
- MSVC 2015 and MSVC 2017 support in
- ANGLE ES2/ES3 support, ability to create desktop GLES contexts on Windows
- Windows Phone/Store support via ANGLE
- iOS support
- WebAssembly support when building for Emscripten
- WebGL 2.0 support
- New experimental Ui library