- Minimal supported CMake version is now 3.5, changed from 3.4, since CMake 3.27+ warns if a compatibility with CMake below 3.5 is requested. Older versions are not supported anymore and all workarounds for them were removed. This is a conservative change, as there are no known supported distributions which would have anything older than 3.5.
- The original Textured Triangle example was changed to Textured Quad to show also a low-level indexed mesh setup
- The Primitives example got significantly simplified by using MeshTools::
compile() instead of inflexible, verbose and slow lower-level APIs. Description of those got moved to the Trade:: MeshData class documentation.
- Fixed the WebXR example to look correctly on HiDPI
- The WebVR example was obsoleted by the WebXR example and is now removed
- The Cube Map example can now load combined cube map files such as EXR
- Updated the Box2D example to work with latest Box2D 2.4 (see mosra/
magnum-examples#90 and mosra/ magnum-examples#92)
- Linux, Emscripten and macOS builds were migrated from Travis to Circle CI
- The Homebrew package now uses
std_cmake_argsinstead of hardcoded build type and install prefix, which resolves certain build issues (see mosra/
- Updated Debian build instructions to pass
dpkg-buildpackage, avoiding a confusing error message that might lead people to think the packaging failed (see mosra/
- It's now possible to use
<PackageName>_ROOTto point to install locations of dependencies such as Corrade on CMake 3.12+, in addition to putting them all together inside
CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH. See also mosra/
- Examples are now put into a MagnumExamples folder on MSVC and Xcode (see mosra/
- All CMake build options are now prefixed with
MAGNUM_. For backwards compatibility, unless MAGNUM_
BUILD_ DEPRECATED is disabled and unless a prefixed option is already set during the initial run, the unprefixed options are still recognized with a warning. See also mosra/ corrade#139.
WITH_TEXTUREDTRIANGLE_EXAMPLECMake option is still recognized on builds with MAGNUM_
BUILD_ DEPRECATED enabled, but will produce a warning. Use
Released 2020-06-27, tagged as v2020.06.
- New 2D Fluid Simulation example (see mosra/
- New 3D Fluid Simulation example (see mosra/
magnum-examples#69, mosra/ magnum-examples#70, mosra/ magnum-examples#84,)
- New WebXR example (see mosra/
- New ArcBall Camera example (see mosra/
magnum-examples#75, mosra/ magnum-examples#85)
- New Ray Tracing example (see mosra/
- New Animated GIF example (see mosra/
- New Octree example (see mosra/
- The ImGui example now lets ImGui update the application cursor (see mosra/
- Avoid using obsolete APIs in the ImGui example (see mosra/
- Fixed the Object Picking to not limit object count to 256 (see mosra/
- Ported the Object Picking to use the new builtin Object ID support in
Shaders::Phonginstead of a custom shader (see mosra/
- The Box2D and Bullet Physics examples are now using instanced rendering to draw the whole scene in a single draw call.
- The library again compiles and tests cleanly with CORRADE_
NO_ ASSERT enabled, and this setup is verified on the CI to avoid further regressions
Released 2019-10-24, tagged as v2019.10.
- Minimal supported CMake version is now 3.4. Older versions are not supported anymore and all workarounds for them were removed. Download a prebuilt release of a newer version if you need to use Corrade on older systems (such as Ubuntu 14.04 or Debian 8). This is a conservative change that shouldn't affect any additional distribution compared to the CMake 3.1 requirement in 2019.01.
- Switched all examples to use the new Platform::
EmscriptenApplication on Emscripten (see mosra/ magnum-examples#60 and mosra/ magnum-examples#59)
- Switched the Motion blur and Object Picking examples to use MeshTools::
compile() for a clearer and easier-to-understand code (see also mosra/ magnum-examples#62)
- The Cube Map now tries to find the bundles images first instead of requiring the user to always pass a path (see also mosra/
- Documented how to enable and use importer plugins in Textured Quad and Model Viewer (see mosra/
Released 2019-02-04, tagged as v2019.01.
- Minimal supported GCC version is now 4.8.1, GCC 4.7 is not supported anymore. Minimal Clang version is now 3.3, since that's the first version with a complete C++11 support. See also mosra/
- Minimal supported CMake version is now 3.1. Older versions are not supported anymore and all workarounds for them were removed. Download a prebuilt release of a newer version if you need to use Corrade on older systems (such as Ubuntu 14.04 or Debian 8). See also mosra/
- Mention the required extra CMake boilerplate in the first two examples (see mosra/
Released 2018-10-23, tagged as v2018.10.
- Simplified the Bullet Physics and Audio, removing use of the deprecated
- The Model Viewer tutorial is greatly simplified to make use only of the most essential APIs needed to make it working
- The Oculus VR and Leap Motion examples were updated to not depend on deprecated functionality (see mosra/
- The Model Viewer example is now ported to Android (see mosra/
- Extended the Primitives example with info about handling of generic mesh data (see mosra/
Changelogs for previous versions are available in Archived example changelogs.